Monday, November 19, 2012

The applications are rolling in!

The application letters are rolling in, this year's Invitational promises to have the highest attendance yet.  A standout letter came from canadian Matt Carson:

Hey Czar, I would love to be a part of your CX race, because, well…if anyone knows how to drink beer, eat bacon and ride a bike in $hit weather, it’s a Canadian.  I’m a 30-something father of two, and I need to get out of my house for a few hours, just to have some fun!!
Matt also added: 

I’ve actually HAD sex with a real-live girl.
I thought that was implied with being a father, but I'm glad that he clarified that the girl was both real and alive.  Though it is the policy of the Detroit Invitational Cyclocross not to descriminate against individuals based on their sexual preferences and or performance.  (though, it is well documented that racing cyclocross will transform you into a sexual tyranasaurus)

Speaking of sexual  tyranasaurus, self proclaimed 2012 Detroit Invitational Ladies Champion, Adrian O'Day is calling out all female competitors.  Last year she ran with the boys and held her own. If we can get 5 ladies to pre register by saturday, I'll put together a special prize package.

Keep those applications coming!

Jeff Wood
Aka: the CX Czar

No comments:

Post a Comment